Start a new topic

Delete video frames without touching "audio frames"

I have a video where my voice is about ten seconds ahead of the slides. So what I would like to do is to delete 10 seconds of the "video frames" such that the later part of the video gets shifted 10 seconds to the left but in such a way that the "sound frames" are not touched at all. How can I achieve that?

Many thanks!

If you are using the Pro edition, select the video frames that you want to delete - you should see that the video and audio are both highlighted in red on the timeline. Then if you click the title box of the audio track, you should see the audio become unhighlighted. Clicking the the Delete key will then only delete the video and not the audio.

1 person likes this

Thank you, that solved my problem. 

A follow-up question: is it also possible to copy and insert video frames without touching the audio?

Example: Imagine my video is a screen recording of exactly two power point slides. The screen screen recording has a duration of 10 minutes - the first slide is recorded from 0:00 to 5:00 and the second slide is recorded from 5:00 to 10:00 minutes. Assume that the sound corresponding slide 1 goes from 0:00 to 5:10. So I would like to know how to insert a number (should be 10*10=100 if I am not wrong) of video frames that show the first slide so that the first slide is then shown from 0:00 to 5:10 (rather than 0:00 to 5:00). The video should then have a total length of 10:10.

Its a very similar process - select the frame that you want to duplicate, click the titlebox of the audio track so the audio is no longer highlighted and then click either the Insert Frame icon on the icon bar or the Insert Frame option in the Edit tab of the side panel. A window will then appear where you can choose any many frames or for what period of time you want to duplicate the selected frame. So if you know that you 10 seconds, you don't need to worry about calculating how many frames it will be.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment